Saturday, March 3, 2007

Some thoughts on leaving

So as many of you know I work for InterVarsity as a campus staff worker... training students, discipling, etc. Most of you also know that this is my last year to be working for InterVarsity. I feel like God has given me other gifts and abilities that I want to explore using. Anyway, this past Thursday I told my fellowship that I wont be here next year. It was an interesting experience because on one hand I want there to be weeping and gnashing of teeth when I leave, because I want to feel important and missed... everyone does. However I felt an even more satisfying emotion when one of my leaders said basically (paraphrasing) "whether or not there is another staff worker here next year to take your place, I feel like we'll be OK because you have given us the tools necessary to make it on our own." That felt good. I think it will be hard to let go because I see the fellowship being on the verge of some really big and amazing things. But, i must exit so that when God does do those things, he is the only one people will see.


By the way, the DVD burning worked great. Although, apparently there is a limit for the maximum length of the filepath for the files you burn to a DVD. Also, Windows doesn't have built in support for burning DVD's like it does CD's... you have to use 3rd party software.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Don't worry Paul, I am weeping for you...oh, sorry, that is just allergies