Friday, March 27, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
- stands on his own. usually not for very long, but lets go all the time
- loves to eat his "snacks" which are cherrios, star puffs,wagon wheels...
- drinking juice in his sippy cup - well, kinda. it is VERY diluted juice and he is not sure about it yet, but we are trying
- loves to climb anything and everything. this makes me really tired just thinking about the next several years
- says "mamama" and "dadadada" all the time, and is talking to us when he says it
- his dexterity is amazing. he will pick up the smallest thing with his pointer finger and thumb
- is starting to get the hang of playing with trucks
- really likes balls of any kind
- has a pretty tremendous throw. he can launch a ball across the room. we had to put away the golf balls that he was playing with.
- he has started to not want to be left by us. he will cling much tighter if he does not know someone and fusses a little when we leave.
- he has finally cut another tooth. it is the top, left eye tooth. we think his other eye tooth and his front 2 teeth are not far behind.
- he weighed 16 lbs, 13 oz about a week ago. he is 28 inches long. (that is 5% for weight and 50% for height)
Here are some 10 month pictures. But just a warning...he is in a phase right now where he won't smile for the camera or let us get a good picture.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
And, Jonas has another tooth! But, the weird thing is that it is his top side tooth.
I am sure I'll have some stories and pictures to share when we get back later this week.
Wish me luck!
Monday, March 9, 2009
And, look how much these two look alike...
And, slowly but surely we've reached 100 posts. Lots has happened since that time 2 years ago. I know, I know, that is not a good post/year average. But hey, you will be hearing lots more since I am unemployed! At least I have a little helper to keep me company.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I made the decision to leave my job for several reasons. Some were because of the job situation itself - which is always hard. I didn't see things changing any time soon (or as fast as I needed them to change), and I had given a lot of warning that things needed to change. The other is so obviously because I will never raise Jonas again.
On my way home this afternoon, the cd just happened to be on this song. And, I could really relate to these lyrics. Here's to better days...
Monday, March 2, 2009
It is so fun to watch Jonas interact with people (including Paul and myself). He is really social. In fact, he has been known to only nap for 15 minutes the ENTIRE day at school - there is just way too much to do.
He is such a joy and delight. I know I say that every month, but it is really true. Jonas has such a sweet little personality. He is a charmer and definitely has us hooked! We could not be more thankful and grateful and just overwhelmed by the blessing that he is.
Enjoy these pictures from his 9 month birthday...