Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10 months

Last Friday, Jonas turned 10 months old! He is changing really fast these days. It is pretty amazing to watch the skills he has every day - like just last night, we were in the kitchen cooking dinner when Paul turned around to put something in the fridge to see Jonas literally climbing out of his highchair. He had one leg completely over the side, and was pretty much just hanging on with his hands. Also, his 10 month birthday just happened to be our first day at home together since I left my job, and he almost got hurt very badly when he knocked a full-length mirror over and it broke all around him. I left the room thinking he was following me when I heard the crash. I bet you can imagine the rapid thought going through my head as I dropped whatever I was holding as I ran to him. He escaped with a tiny little cut on his arm. Thank you, Lord, that he was not directly under the mirror when it fell (btw...we did buy a new mirror that we attached to the wall so this won't happen again). Here is a list of the little mister's latest accomplishments...

- stands on his own. usually not for very long, but lets go all the time
- loves to eat his "snacks" which are cherrios, star puffs,wagon wheels...
- drinking juice in his sippy cup - well, kinda. it is VERY diluted juice and he is not sure about it yet, but we are trying
- loves to climb anything and everything. this makes me really tired just thinking about the next several years
- says "mamama" and "dadadada" all the time, and is talking to us when he says it
- his dexterity is amazing. he will pick up the smallest thing with his pointer finger and thumb
- is starting to get the hang of playing with trucks
- really likes balls of any kind
- has a pretty tremendous throw. he can launch a ball across the room. we had to put away the golf balls that he was playing with.
- he has started to not want to be left by us. he will cling much tighter if he does not know someone and fusses a little when we leave.
- he has finally cut another tooth. it is the top, left eye tooth. we think his other eye tooth and his front 2 teeth are not far behind.
- he weighed 16 lbs, 13 oz about a week ago. he is 28 inches long. (that is 5% for weight and 50% for height)

Here are some 10 month pictures. But just a warning...he is in a phase right now where he won't smile for the camera or let us get a good picture.








2 comments:

Sara said...

He is just too cute!! All boy, that's for sure!!
To me, he looks so much like Paul - but then there's that special "Sarah Glint" to his eye...
Very precious! Oh, and I am totally with you on the anxiety attacks when you think about your child who loves to climb... the other day, I turned around in the kitchen to find Logan STANDING on top of our kitchen table, reaching for the light. Good grief!!

H Noble said...

He's precious Sarah. I think I tell you that every time you post pictures, but he truly is. I know you don't have to be told that though. :)
We've got a climber as well. Most recently its stepstools and my parents stairs to the basement. Watch out! And we can't keep him seated in high chairs in restaurants, as the buckles are always broken. Sigh. I guess we're doomed to eating in and having picnics for a while.