Sunday, April 1, 2007

8 seconds

Paul and I went to the Lubbock rodeo last night. I really like the rodeo - calf roping, steer wrestling, barrel racing, bronc riding, the bull fighters - aka rodeo clowns, mutton bustin' (little kids riding sheep...pretty funny), and most of all...I love me some bull riding! I don't know why, but I do really like bull riding. I will even watch PBR on TV. There is just something about the adrenaline of a smallish man riding a 1000 pound animal that is thrashing about wildly. I have no idea what drives a person to make this their career. Can you imagine a day at the office? Bruises, broken bones, blood. And the client is a bull. It is so exhilarating. I think Garth Brooks says it best:
Well, its bulls and blood
Its dust and mud
Its the roar of a Sunday crowd
Its the white in his knuckles
The gold in the buckle
He'll win the next go round
Its boots and chaps
Its cowboy (and girl) hats
Its spurs and latigo
Its the ropes and the reins
The joy and the pain
And they call the thing RODEO





1 comment:

Charissa said...

Wow Sarah- Who knew?!?!
I'm glad you had fun. Any news on a car yet?
Charissa