Tuesday, April 17, 2007

the stuff in my head

I don't know about you, but I have checked CNN and Fox News several times today looking for new information on the tragic events that have taken place at Virginia Tech. It is almost so horrific that I can't stop looking at it. I can't imagine the sheer terror that was felt by students and faculty. I can't imagine the sheer terror that MUST have been felt by the gunman - who we now know has a name...Cho. I am so sad for what his life must have been. And, I am so sad for intense grief his family must know at this time. Of course, I am also sad for those families that lost sons and daughters, brothers and sisters. This is just something I can't understand, and I am sure I will never understand this kind of brokenness. Praise the Lord that he is able to heal such deep pain, that he does understand, that he was there.

Sorry about the downer of a post. I'll give you a few updates on the Maney family. We are feeling pretty stretched with the job-change coming up. Paul is working about 12 hours a week for his new company while trying to finish the year on campus while trying to study for the exams he has to take to get some certifications for his new job...all of this while the normal parts of life continue to happen. Needless to say, keeping up with our blog has been hard, AND we are REALLY looking forward to the first part of June. We had Paul's mom here from Friday until this afternoon. It was a good visit, and we enjoyed having her. Last Thursday, I officially ended the "growing my hair out" phase and got my hair cut short. If you know me, then you know that I've often had short hair, and I really like having short hair. Paul likes it short too. It is kinda strange, but I feel more like myself with my new haircut. I've grown my hair out since the first year I moved back to Lubbock. At times Lubbock has felt kinda dark (figuratively). But, I think I am starting to feel like my old self, and my new haircut is part of that. Today there was a big storm and it hailed.

Again, it seems like everything I wrote was deep. I won't make it a habit :)

1 comment:

TheLudlows said...

I can't even watch the news it is too much for me to take in.
So cheer us up and show us some new hair cut pics!
Charissa