Friday, May 4, 2007

We've been tagged.

I (Sarah) will be a good sport and complete the taggee (is that what I would be called) assignment. I will also make Paul post his response. The assignment is to list 7 random facts or habits about yourself. So here goes...

1. I have had the same alarm clock since 5th grade. That is a pretty long time considering I will be 31 this month. It is pink and purple (what other color would a 5th grade girl have in the 1980's), and it is called the "P'Jammer". It used to have these little "earbuds" (fancy for earphones) that fit into the side of it, but those have been gone a long time. I have contemplated getting a new alarm clock for a while, but I am not sure I want to part with my P'Jammer.

2. I love really great hair. If I could, I spend A LOT of money on hair products, and I would get my hair cut every 3 weeks. It is of value to me to spend a little money on my hair cuts, so I do not like to go hair cutting chains. I also do not like to go stylists that have really bad hair. My stylists is moving to San Diego, so I will get my hair cut by her one last time in a week. Then, I must train someone new.

3. I was in a beauty pageant. You can laugh now if you want. I really was. It was my sophomore year in high school, and I was first runner-up. I got a big trophy.

4. I like things to be clean. I wouldn't so much call me a "neat freak"...mainly because I don't like that term. Cleanliness is a very high value of mine. This pertains to just about anything - my house, my office, my car, myself. I also like for things to look clean...this means no clutter. I like clean, crisp decorations that are fairly simple.

5. I have had 9 jobs in my life. secretary/do whatever I was told for a software company, sales associate at Gap Kids, student assistant in my residence hall, substitute teacher, staffworker for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, high school English teacher, secretary/do whatever I was told for the Texas Tech Library, Assistant Director of the New Student Orientation program at Texas Tech, Supervisor/Coordinator over admission's processing at Texas Tech.

6. I have fantasies about living in Mexico. Specifically in a little town called Guanajuato. My other choice would be running a quaint little hotel or coffee shop in a place like Cabo San Lucas. And that brings me to luck #7...

7. I have a set path that I take when I go to Target. First, I walk through the clothes and look at everything, then I go across the big aisle to the handbags. I then walk the outer aisle of the store past electronics, toys and baby stuff to the shoes. I keep walking back toward the front of the store to housewares, kitchen stuff and decorating stuff. I stop there for a good while. Finally, I make it to the cleaning supplies and toiletries and get what I am usually there to pick up. I LOVE Target!

And for the bonus...
I have a few dreams that I would love to be realities at some point in my life...own a coffee shop, go to graduate school (I could do something about this, but I am kinda scared), have babies...not sure how many and not at one time - that scares me too, own a house that is a blank slate for decorating, run a marathon, and own a chocolate lab.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

I've lived with Paul, how does a neat freak train him? Oh what am I talking about, my wife is a neat freak as well and she has trained me!

J

farmerdaughter said...

My aunt is breading her lab for the second time....I could let you know when that happens if she has a chocolate lab. She's has a great yellow lab that she is going to breed with a huge male yellow that apparently does agility courses (or something like that)....just an fyi. E