Monday, January 14, 2008

The GOOD, The BAD, and the BELLY!

Before (1st trimester), I thought to myself... why would anyone have more than one kid after going through THIS. But now I think I can start to see how it happens... I dont really remember the bad times of the first three months. The good times are what stick in your mind, and Im ok with having biased memories. For instance the things I will remember are things like finding out whether it's a boy or girl. Talking about names. Dreaming about what life with our SON will be like. Walking by the future baby's room and seeing the first piece of baby clothes that *I* own hanging on the dresser handle. Staring in awe at the amazing detail and complexity of our childs skeleton on the ultrasound. The funny things my wife has said in the throes of the first trimester (funny now, mind you...not then)... "THIS BABY IS MAKING ME CRAZY!" - said after some otherwise unexplainable emotional event; She calls me on my way home from work, "I need to eat pizza and I need it now... not any pizza, you have to stop and buy Totinos pizza RIGHT NOW".

Those kinds of things. Life is good.

- Paul
And now for the only time a woman will volunteer
to have a picture of her belly put online.
(She told me she put on her Sunday best for you)

13 comments:

H Noble said...

Yea! Belly pics! You look great Sarah, and you are right on remembering only the good stuff. I don't think I ever told Justin, but I had thoughts throughout the entire pregnancy that our son was going to be an only child, but now, that's all behind me and I would do it all over again.
Enjoy it!!
Holly

TheLudlows said...

Wow you girls forget fast! It's only know that Baby G is a year old that I can even think of another one!
Thanks for the pics! I had similar instant cravings too. I HAD to have a Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell. Two weeks strait! :)
Enjoy the pizza!

Unknown said...

Sarah, you look great! I remember how fun it was when my belly finally showed and people knew I was pregnant! Enjoy these months of being able to move freely with your cute belly! Watch out Paul, you'll be tying her shoes before you know it! We are so excited that you are having a boy!!!
-kristen

Sarah said...

Oh, I haven't forgotten what the first 16 or 17 weeks were like...Paul wrote this post. And, I'm sure I will remember the birth for a while after. We will probably have to space our children according to when I forget :)

lfhcreative said...

Yay for a growing baby! I don't know that the woman ever forgets morning sickness :) Husbands, certainly. Of course, watching someone be sick for months at a time is not nearly as memorable as BEING sick for months at a time.

I don't know if you have started loading up on baby gear yet, but the new Target had lots of clothes, crib bedding, and strollers at least half off this morning.

Unknown said...

I don't think you ever really forget, I just think you realize it's worth the pain and misery when the end result is a precious baby. There are still moments when you will wonder how you got yourself into being a parent but it is the most amazing thing and you can't imagine life any other way!
kristen

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sarah! This is Michelle Turnipseed (formerly Hancock)--how ARE you?! What a beautiful belly picture! I like Holly's comment about thinking of the next child so soon--David and I have two children, Kyle almost 3 years and Makenna, nearly 7 months old. After Makenna was born, I was already thinking of a third!

Sarah said...

Michelle-
Give me your email address! It is so fun to hear from you.

-sarah

Paul Taylor said...

Sarah,
You are SO CUTE. I love it! Thanks for sharing a picture with us!
-rachel

Unknown said...

Hi there! our email is davidturnipseed@chunindustries.com

Is your email on here somewhere?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsee Lou said...

YEA! You are looking so cute, Sarah! I love it. Keep the pictures coming!

Much love,

Lindsee

amullins said...

Hey Paul, I'm so excited for you and
Sarah! Tali and I have been trying to find your email address and your snail mail address for a while. Send us a line when you get a chance!

Your friend,
Austin Mullins
austin.mullins@gmail.com