Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It has been a while

So, here's what we've been up to...

- Last weekend we went to Post, TX (about 30 miles south of Lubbock) for Friday night. We stayed at a bed and breakfast there and just relaxed. It was lots of fun to just hang out together.

- We've been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing and picking out things to get ready for the baby. It is amazing at all the stuff that has to happen before we bring our son home. We've been working on things like the what we want the nursery to look like to picking our a childcare place for when I go back to work. We are still working on a pediatrician. I guess it will all get done, but it feels like the list of soooo long.

- I have a wonderful husband who loves me so well. The other morning, I walked into my office and sitting on my desk were three beautiful, red roses. Paul had found a way to "break in" and leave them for...just because.

- This weekend, we are heading to Tulsa, OK for a few days to visit Paul's mom and the rest of his extended family. I am a little nervous...8 hours in the car when you have to go to the bathroom frequently could make for a long trip!

- We had our 25 week check-up this past week. Everything looks great and is progressing normally. I am still feeling good - I have the occasional day or moment when I don't feel great, but for the most part, I'm doing well. Our next appointment is in about two weeks when I have the dreaded glucose tolerance test (I hear it's dreaded anyway). Here's a pic of the belly at 25 weeks...



5 comments:

H Noble said...

The GTT isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The stuff tastes like super sweet Kool-Aid, or really flat orange (or whatever flavor you get) soda with extra sugar in it. Just chug it though, and don't try to do it slowly.

Hope the road trip goes okay. Tell Rachel hi for me!!

Belly is looking too cute! :)
Holly

* If you have Justin's email address, please send me your email; I'd love to chat with you!

Unknown said...

The orange drink isn't so bad--tastes like a really strong Fanta. Chug it like Holly says! You are too cute--it'll all get done. We moved into our new home 20 days before Makenna arrived--boxes were everywhere and not all was ready for her--but it'll be okay--email me sometime when you get a chance! davidturnipseed@chunindustries.com

Jonathan said...

Ahhh,the planning & organizing...hope you are having fun with it! We have definitely had some overwhelming moments, but then there are the moments of realization of what is happening inside!

Sooo, where are the belly pics of Paul...is his growing with yours? :)

kelli said...

hi Sarah! Sara Griffin sent me the link to your blog. Wow - long time no see! I don't really even want to think about how long ago the a&m days were...
Congratulations on your little boy!!! What a cute cute pregnant lady you are=)
I just started a site (what have I got myself into...?)
so I may add you to my friend links if that's ok?
Glad to see you are well and happy! -Kelli (Day) Campbell

Unknown said...

How is baby Maney doing??? We need an update.