Tuesday, May 11, 2010

the City of Angels

These are just a few of the hundreds of pictures from the LA leg of our California tour...
Click on the images to see the pictures a little larger.


Taking off! The picture is pretty dark, but you can see that Jonas is already eating his snacks...before we were even in the air.

We went to the beach in Santa Monica, and Jonas LOVED it!

the best part? throwing rocks into the ocean. that ended when he decided to try one.


We went to this cool, interactive Noah's ark exhibit. My child found a mop. You can see that he did everything with that mop in hand.

After we made sure the ark was clean, we saw the rainbow.

Jonas waiting for the train to start at this park we visited.


Then, it was off to Hollywood. Of course we ate at McD's ON Hollywood Blvd.

I am not sure what I expected, but I think my expectations were higher than what we experienced on Hollywood Blvd. It was just a really crowded street with stars on the sidewalks and some famous buildings. These are a few stars that we saw. I'm not sure why I took a picture of Tom Cruise's star - I don't even like him.

I am still not sure what the criteria is for getting a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, but I am drawing a blank on the Hollywood celeb factor on this one. He is an amazing man, though. (click on pic to enlarge)


Rodeo drive. I tried to park and shop, but we couldn't find a parking spot and it was getting late. Maybe that was a good thing.

Jonas had a run-in with some milk and his car seat got the brunt. It was actually pretty traumatic because we were stuck in traffic when he started throwing up. I was finally able to get over and off the freeway to clean him up some. Needless to say, we ended up at the Coin Laundry. BTW, LA traffic is even worse than people say!

Paul was finally on vacation with us, and we headed out to San Francisco!

1 comment:

H Noble said...

Looks like an adventure and the Noah's Ark thing is cool!