Monday, May 10, 2010

this and that

The wind is blowing so fiercely here that I keep getting startled thinking someone is trying to knock the door down. I really hope my flowers survive!

Speaking of flowers, I finally got my pots in good shape and flowers planted in them. They look so great with a fresh coat of black paint and some really bright reds, pinks, and purples in them.

We are currently working on putting in a flower bed the will line the very front of our house. I have all the flowers and plants purchased. Now, I need some Paul-power to help dig the grass out and fill in more dirt. It is hard to imagine what it will look like once everything is mature, but I think it will be beautiful. We've chosen some Red Oleanders, Feather Grass, Cosmos, Lily of the Nile, Hydrangea, and 2 more I can't remember right now.

Jonas will be 2 in 10 days. Tear.

Paul and I attended a marriage conference the other weekend. It was so great. It's called A Weekend to Remember...look it up and go - if you're married :)

I have 3 avocados that need to be used. Even though we had Mexican food last night, I'm seeing guac involved in our dinner tonight.

I am about to plant an herb garden in our backyard. I am going to start with basil, cilantro, and mint....

Mojito mint to be exact. This was part of my Mother's day present. Paul knows me well. I also got a Harry Connick Jr. album. Paul knows me real well!

Life has felt really busy. Wait, strike that. It has been really busy! And, I have been really tired. I am really hoping that this week will lend itself to playing catch-up. Expect more blog posts!

1 comment:

H Noble said...

I think your new flower bed will be lovely. Maybe Justin could come help dig it out and then Paul could come help us finish putting the garden in! :)