Friday, January 19, 2007

bananas?

If you have been watching the news, you know that we have a WINTER STORM coming! So, I thought that I would go to the grocery store and get a few things...just in case we did not want to get out in the snow. Well, that is what everyone must have thought. OR they are completely scared that we will be snowed in for days upon days and might starve to death. All I was aiming to pick up were things like milk, coffee and green beans. I thought as I was walking through the produce section, "I should get some bananas". Well, there were absolutely NO bananas to be found. In fact, even the broccoli shelf was pretty bare. I had to buy the really expensive milk, but there were plenty of green beans. I wondered at one point if the news was telling us that it was a snow storm when really Armageddon was coming...and some people had figured it out. I was quite proud of myself when I finished picking up the 12 things I needed and exited the store within about 35 minutes. I know I picked up 12 things because I went to an "express 10 items or less lane" at the side entrance of the store. Hardly anyone was in that line, and I didn't want to wait for an hour in the regular lines. I did apologize to the checker for having more than 10 items, and I hoped that the person behind me didn't notice. I think we are ready for the storm...we'll see if it is as bad as they say it will be.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Ahh! Armageddon! For real, people just need to relax.