Friday, June 20, 2008

one month

Dear Baby Boy-
Today you are one month old, and I can't believe it! Each day has been wonderful. It is so strange that just a month ago, you were being born...the anticipation was finally coming to an end. Jonas, you have changed our lives in ways that we could not even really imagine. I was so apprehensive about the changes you would bring, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am a little sad that your newborn stage is coming to an end - I just keep trying to savor each moment. I love that you fit just perfectly in my arms and that your cry is still a "baby" cry. I love that you look at me with your big blue eyes while I talk to you or while you are eating. I love watching you sleep. You smile in your sleep, and it is so sweet. Sometimes, I just want to wake you up so I can spend more time with you. I love when you are awake and are interacting with your dad and I. You grunt and coo, and I just know you are "talking" to us. You like to kick your legs and swing your arms during your play time.

During your one month as our son, we have celebrated my birthday and dad's birthday as well as Father's day. These special days have been so much more special since you are here. We have even gone on some family outings - just last night we went to the movies and dinner.

Son, I love you more than I ever thought I would or could - and it has only been a month. You have made me want to be the best person I can be. You have made me recognize my need for Jesus even more. Being a parent has been so hard, but you are so worth it. I am thankful that I get to be your mommy, and I am excited about our future together!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could not agree with you more about needing Jesus all the more. I have never prayed so much in my life, as I do for myself as a mother, for my children, and for my husband. Children will bring you to your knees in a way no other circumstance/situation in life will. Raising children has brought deep meaning to my conversations with my Father in Heaven. I'm so filled with joy for you that you are seeing that too. As I've moved in the preschool years and raising two children, it has only intensified. He is my Counselor and instead of Dr. Phil or the latest parenting book, I have Jesus.