Wednesday, August 5, 2009

new mercies

Monday was a bad, bad, very bad day...which I already told you about (btw my keys are still missing!). Thank goodness that God's mercies are new every morning! Tuesday brought some unexpected blessings... I had an appointment to get my hair cut AND colored. It isn't a cheap thing. But, I was only charged $40 for the entire appointment! I even told the girl that I had my hair colored and cut, and she said it was $40. Paul got a free sandwich at McDonald's for lunch. And we put in an offer on a house here in Lubbock. Paul called me about 10 minutes ago to tell me that our offer was accepted..no counter or anything!

We decided to put our Houston plans on hold for a while. The job market is not a good one right now (as you probably know), and Paul's been looking for a job in Houston for about 9 months now. So, we made the decision to start house hunting here in Lubbock. We called the realtor last Monday, looked at our first houses last Tuesday, and made an offer yesterday which was accepted this morning. New mercies indeed!

And, I have an adorable son who picked up the watering can and decided to water the flowers - we did not stage this!

3 comments:

H Noble said...

So glad things are looking up, even if your plans aren't what you really wanted. Congrats on the house- we can't wait to see it. Let us know if you need help moving or anything!

Adorable pic of Jonas with the watering can! Eli waters our plants with an Easter egg- much more involved process. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! How exciting! What a hot time to move :) You will need lots of popsicles! Jonas is such a cutie pie! Love the picture.

Jonathan said...

such a great pic!!! these moments are so precious :)