Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Ultimate Drive

On Saturday, Paul and I got to experience the life of a high roller. We participated in BMW's Ultimate Drive for a Cure. This is a partnership with the Susan G. Komen for a cure foundation to help find a cure for breast cancer. As participants, we had the opportunity to each drive 4 vehicles, and for every mile that we drove, BMW donated $1 to the Komen Foundation in our name(http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EventsandPrograms/UDSK/). I really like participating in Komen events because I have a friend that fought a very valiant battle with breast cancer. Kristen Stone Hartland went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2005. Paul and I will be participating in the Lubbock Race for the Cure on September 22. I encourage you to find a race in your area. Most races will be taking place in September and October. Go to http://www.komen.org/ for details and race dates. This is something that is extremely important to Paul and I...we hope that you will get involved too! Here are some pics of us in the BMWs that we got to test drive. It was a blast!






2 comments:

H Noble said...

Nice! And such a good cause. I walked in the Dallas Race for the Cure last October, and it was a humbling experience.

Funny- I'm wearing my Race for the Cure T-shirt today...

H

Lindsee Lou said...

That looks like such fun! Now we just need pictures of your new house!! :)