Thursday, August 2, 2007

Poor Me

***Sorry for the confusion, the "I" is Sarah***
So, I have had like 5 sinus infections since February...maybe it has been one very long sinus infection. Medicine doesn't seem to be working and my face or head hurts most days. I finally went to the doctor AGAIN on Tuesday just to be told I need to see an allergist. Yesterday was my appointment with the allergist, and I got a back full of scratches with different allergens AND 12 shots in my arm AND 2 viles of blood drawn. My arm hurt for the rest of the night. It is kind of funny to watch bumps come up after being injected with things I am potentially allergic to. It doesn't take a medical degree for anyone watching my arm to figure out that I am allergic to trees...that bump was huge (think of a VERY large mosquito bite) and it itched like crazy. I am also allergic to molds and grass and something else I can't remember right now. I think I am basically allergic to outside...yeah! But, the good news is that I am NOT allergic to dust mites, however, I was told that Lubbock doesn't even have dust mites...figures. I am glad to know why my sinuses have been going crazy. I am now on a series of medicines to help with these allergies. The doctor wants me to start allergy shots, but I am not sure about that yet. He is also going to do this scope thing up my nose next week. I guess he wants to look at my sinuses. I just got some sinus x-ray results back, and they said those looked fine, so I am going to call this allergy doctor and see if the scope thing REALLY needs to be done. Geeezzz, you have to be able to outsmart some of these members of the medical profession.

House News: we are pretty much D-O-N-E with the house! We still have to complete the front flower bed and prune the rose bushes on the side of our house. So, there will be pics up by next week. It has been such hard work, so it feels really great to be just about finished.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Sorry, but was that Paul or Sarah going through the allergy testing? I don't know who is talking!!
H

Sarah said...

Sorry, Holly, that is me (sarah)